During hard driving and prolonged cornering, the K-series engine is highly prone to oil starvation due to oil sloshing away from the pick-up. One of the simplest and most cost effective methods to prevent this from happening is with the BLOX Racing bolt-on oil pan baffle.
The oil baffle easily bolts on to the factory windage tray and sits neatly inside the oil pan. The baffle is designed to create three sections in the pan that helps maintain oil volume in the center section where it is needed to most; at the pick-up. With continuous oil pick-up, critical engine lubrication is maintained.
The oil pan baffle is manufactured using 16-gauge aluminum and features stainless steel rivets. The baffle is bolt-on and is easy to install.
- Easy Bolt-in Design
- Simple bolt-on installation, creates three sections that minimizes slosh and maintains oil volume
- Fits engines using K20A/A2/Z1 oil pump and pan
- Direct bolt-in fitment for JDM K20A (DC5/EP3 Type-R), K20A2 (02-04 Type-S), K20Z1 (05-06 Type-S) engines
- Cost Effective Oil Control Solution
- Manufactured in the USA
- 16 gauge aluminum
- High-Strength Blind Rivets
- Mounting Hardware w/Loctite thread lock
This baffle was originally designed off the 02-06 K20A2/K20Z1 Acura Type-S engine. However, it is compatible with other K-series engines with a few required modifications in order for the baffle to fit:
1) You must use an 02-06 Acura RSX Type-S oil pump & hardware
2) You must use an 02-06 Acura RSX Type-S aluminum oil pan, windage tray, oil pump chain guide, and hardware.
The following K-series engines will require an 02-06 Acura Type-S oil pump, pan, windage tray, and oil pump chain guide in order to use this bolt-in baffle kit:
- K20A3 (02-05 Civic Si)
- K20A3 (02-06 RSX base - is equipped with a Type-S pump already but will need a Type-S aluminum oil pan and bolts only).
- K20Z3 (06-11 Civic Si - modification to the Type-S pump's webbing may be necessary to clear the K20Z3's 'girdle hump')
- K24A2 (04-08 TSX - modification to the Type-S pump's webbing may be necessary to clear the K24A2's girdle hump')
- K20/24 engine builds - modification to the Type-S pump's webbing may be necessary to clear the 'girdle hump' on certain K24Ax blocks.