The Hondata Coil Pack Retrofit (CPR) allows the use of 'coil on plug' individual ignition coils on engines with distributor based ignition systems (D, B, F and H series Honda engines). It does this by replacing the stock coil and ignition with an electronic circuit which can drive igniter type individual ignition coils, such as used on later model Honda engines. A Hondata S300 system and US OBD-1 ECU is required.
The Hondata CPR comes with a wiring harness for your coil packs, a coil pack controller and fly leads for connecting to your distributor and ECU. The CPR is typically positioned next to the ECU inside the car.
- US OBD1 ECU (not included)
- Hondata S300 system (not included)
- 4 x coil packs (Honda part # 30520-PVF-A01)
Optional Honda coil packs that provide a tighter fitment Honda part# 30522-RNA-A01
- Resistor plugs MUST be used
- The coils require a method of retention. B16A, B18C, F22 engines may use the stock plug cover. Other engines require an alternative method of coil retention (not supplied).
- This is a race product. Cranking times may be increased over a stock ignition set up.
- For detailed instructions click HERE.