Hondata K-PRO S2000 with ECU - 00-05 S2000
Hondata KPRO S2000 is a programmable ECU that extends from the K-series Hondata Kpro line. It is specially adapted from an Acura RSX ECU allowing the re-programming and data-logging of sensors for the 00-05 Honda S2000. The 00-05 S2000 engine crank and cam sensors must be changed to equivalent 2006-2007 S2000 F22C parts - see below.
The S2000 KPro includes a new or user supplied 02-04 RSX Type-S (PRB) ECU adapted for the S2000, and a wiring harness for the crank and cam sensors. It does not include the Honda parts - see mechanical modifications below. All user supplied ECU's must be PRB A01-A12 and in perfect working order. Hondata will not use any other ECU's for the S2000.
Please call to order and if you are supplying your own 02-04 Type-S "PRB" ECU.
Images shown: New 02-04 RSX Type-S PRB ECU with S2000 KPRO conversion and kit contents.
- Factory reliability for your S2000.
- Easy starting.
- Dash water temperature display functions normally.
- All the features of the K-Pro
- Injector re-calibration.
- Fully mapped boost tables.
- Nitrous control.
- Boost control.
- And more...
The following items must be replaced before the S2000 K-Pro can be used. These parts are not supplied by Hondata and should be purchased from a Honda dealer:
- Crank sensor 37500-PZX-003
- Crank wheel 13622-PCX-013
- TDC sensor 37510-PZX-003
- TDC wheel 14112-PCX-003
- Valve cover 12310-PCX-020
- Drain plug washer (for PCV valve) 94109-14000
- PCV valve 17130-PCX-003
- IAT sensor 37880-P05-A00 (not required, but stock IAT will read about 30 degrees hotter)
- The approximate cost of these parts is $300-375
- Immobilizer: The S2000 immobilizer is not supported.
- Water Temperature: The S2000 dash water temperature display functions as per normal. For an AP1 the second segment normally lights at 145 degrees F, and the third at 165 degrees F.
- Air Conditioning: In KManager you will need to select 'Use alternate AC switch input'. No wiring changes need to be made. Idle up and enrichment is as per the stock ECU.
Closed loop: The RSX ECU will run in closed loop using the S2000 primary oxygen sensor. Due to the RSX ECU normally using a wide band oxygen sensor, in KManager you use select 'Use Secondary Oxygen Sensor for Primary' (don't panic - the ECU is actually running off the S2000 primary oxygen sensor, which has been routed through the RSX ECU as the secondary oxygen sensor). Using a wideband RSX oxygen sensor is not recommended because the oxygen sensor is expensive (as much as an aftermarket wideband) and substantial re-wiring is required. The ECU can datalog aftermarket wideband controller which output a analog voltage (via the ELD input).
The following parameters should be used in KManager:
- Use only PRA ECU calibrations
- (PRA ECUs are the only ECUs which support a narrowband primary oxygen sensor).
- Disable the immobilizer.
- Disable VTC.
- Disable the multiplexer.
- Select 'Use alternate AC switch input'.
- Select 'Use Secondary Oxygen Sensor for Primary'.
OBDII Scanner tools: OBDII scan tools work normally.
2006-2007 S2000: The RSX ECU is not compatible with the 06-07 drive by wire, so the S2000 K-Pro cannot be used. Sorry.
User Supplied ECU's": User supplied ECUs must be checked before sending to Hondata. Any damaged or faulty ECUs will incur a processing cost.
- ECU Mounting: The ECU is the approximate size and shape of the S2000 ECU, and is located with the same orientation as the S2000 ECU, however it does not have the mounting holes in the same location. A mounting bracket is supplied to mount the ECU in the stock location. Note that this photo is from a hand made prototype - the finished bracket will be laser cut.
Honda may not cover mechanical damage to the engine under warranty resulting from exceeding the factory red line. Hondata & JHPUSA will not cover any damage as a result of installing this product.
This is a Race Only product that is to be used solely for competition. It cannot be used on vehicles that are operated on public streets, roads or highways. Its use is limited to closed-course and open-course racing that is formally sanctioned by a recognized racing organization. Any other use, including recreational off-road use, could be in violation of local, state and federal laws.
Hondata K-PRO S2000 with ECU - 00-05 S2000
Cancer & Reproductive Harm